Sunday, June 29, 2008

Catching up....

I thought it about time that I sat down and updated my very frugal donations to this page.

Well, we have been super busy the last few weeks and there have been so many things going on that I am going to try and put them in order and I am doing this by consulting my trusty calendar.

I think I will do this by the month so I will start with May.

Firstly, an anniversary of note. Warren left South Africa 10 years ago on May 9th! Holy cow, I cannot believe that it has been so long, but then it's almost inconceivable that our little girl is 11 years old. It seems like time has just flown by like sparkles of sand in the wind, but in so many other ways all the things we have done seem to have been crammed into those same short years!

Micci had a field trip with an awesome outfit called Educational Adventures. They did a workshop called Ancient Egypt's History Alive. All the instructors were dressed in costume and they did all sorts of amazing things with the kids like make games that were played back in Ancient Egyptian times, as well as build a paper pyramid. I forgot to take my camera so I have no cool pictures to upload. I will see whether Karen has put some up from that day on her website and ask her if I may borrow one to put up here.

I think I am going to leave it here for now. It is 10:15 pm and it is probably over 30 degrees inside here with no breeze. The weather has been extremely muggy today and I think it's about time that I go and hang out in the cool of the basement and read my book.

No comments: