Thursday, January 22, 2009

Paradise!

I'm sitting in Boona's study with the windows and the front door open. I can hear the birds chirping on one side and the very nostalgic cooing of the turtle doves on the other. It brings back so many childhood memories and gives me a sense of calm and belonging. The sun is beating down and it's only 8:40 am. But the smells coming from the dewy earth as the sun dries it, are breathtaking, and makes it clear that once Africa is in your blood, it can never be removed.
Still have to buy cd's then you can see all the pretty flowers in the garden and birds etc....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I miss you so much, yesterday was hard. I need your mama's number. I even called your house to hear your voice! I am so happy you are finding answers to your questions about your peace!
I will start saving for my trips to Africa now.
I bought a mac mini finally!!